Taylor Hart Ltd is celebrating after winning Gold at the annual Finishes and Interiors Sector Contractors Awards on Tuesday 5th June 2018.
The event was held at the Dorchester Hotel, London and was attended by around 600 members and guests of The FIS. The awards recognise, promote and encourage high levels of craftsmanship in the finishes and interiors sector.
Taylor Hart won the Gold award in the Plastering category, sponsored by Nevill Long, for the work carried out at The University of Birmingham, West Midlands. This is the fifth time Taylor Hart have won an award in the last six years of this annual event being held.
The FIS summarized the entry:
‘Taylor Hart were engaged by Interserve Construction Limited to install SFS, drywall, ceilings, acoustic rafts, partitions, specialist plastering including Sto internal render, traditional sand and cement, two coat plastering and fine finishes to Fermacell linings.
The centre piece to the project was the Olympic sized swimming pool which is now the largest pool in Birmingham. Around the pool Taylor Hart installed 9m high walls to exacting standards and finishes as required in such a corrosive environment.
The project started in December 2014 and took 29 months to deliver, with many challenges especially with design development to overcome. Materials from Echophon, SAS, Hunter Douglas, CEP, British Gypsum, Fermacell, Sto and distributed by Go Interiors contributed to a very successful project.
During the course of the project labour levels peaked at 60 operatives with a site management team of three.’
Managing Director, Phil Lewis collected the award along with Site Manager, Lance Lloyd.
Other awards at the event were:
- Operable Walls Silver – Style Moveable Partition Specialists for its contract at Adobe in London
- Operable Walls Gold – Ezyglide for its installation at The Ivy, London
- Specialist Joinery Silver – Stortford Interiors (UK) for its installation at Quadrant 4 in London
- Specialist Joinery Gold – Laser Essex for its contract at The Office Group’s White Collar Factory in London
- Heritage Silver – Hayles and Howe for its contract at Piccadilly Theatre in London
- Heritage Gold – Ornate Interiors for its installation at Oldham Town Hall in Lancashire
- Fibrous and GRG new build Silver – Hayles and Howe for its project at Leathersellers Hall in London
- Fibrous and GRG new build Gold – Simplicity Abutments for its contract at Bloomberg, London
- Steel Framed Systems Gold – Atkin Trade Specialists for its installation at the Apartments in Schooner Way, Cardiff
- Drywall Construction Residential Silver – Ridge Interiors for its project at Mayfair House in London
- Drywall Construction Residential Gold – Measom Dryline for its contract at Rathbone Square, London
- Drywall Construction Commercial Silver – Mansell Finishes for its installation at Birmingham Conservatoire
- Drywall Construction Commercial Gold – Stortford Interiors for its contract at Which in London
- Suspended Ceilings Silver – BPC Interiors for its ceilings installation at Falcon, London
- Suspended Ceilings Gold – Brian Hendry Interiors for its contract at Hawkhead Care Home in Renfrew
- Partitioning category Silver – Lusso Interiors for its contract at the University of West England in Bristol
- Partitioning category Gold – Optima Contracting for its partitioning installation at Bloomberg in London
- Interior Fit-Out under £1M Silver – DSP Interiors for its contract at Robinson Structures in Derby
- Interior Fit-Out under £1M Gold – Paragon Interiors Group for its project at PKF Cooper Parry in Solihull
- Interior Fit-Out over £1M Silver – Worksmart Contracts for its fit out at Scotland House in London
- Interior Fit-Out over £1M Gold – Veitchi Interiors for its project at Anderson High School and Halls of Residence in the Shetland Isles
- Project of the Year was awarded to Ornate Interiors for its contract at Oldham Town Hall in Lancashire
Taylor Hart would like to congratulate all of the above winners and thank The FIS for another terrific awards ceremony which was thoroughly enjoyed by all. We look forward to participating again in 2019.